Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Nine Months!

Laineybug turned nine months old yesterday! Today, we headed to the doctor for her check-up. Lainey is still topping the charts in weight (20 lbs. 15 oz./90th percentile) and height (29.25 inches/95th percentile) and her head is officially off the charts at a whopping 47 cm.

Evidently the head growth could be cause for concern if it doesn't level out over the next few months. If she has much more growth, we'll be sent to a neurosurgeon for a consult. Now this is where I question the sense it made for the doctor to tell me this, because there is absolutely nothing to be done about it until her next check-up, which is THREE MONTHS away. You don't just casually drop the word "neurosurgeon" to a parent (or really anyone). Our doctor, while I really like her, has a tendency to think out loud while working through a diagnosis and treatment plan. I just wish she's kept this little nugget in her head. She's seven months pregnant right now, so I'll chalk it up to pregnancy brain.

I'm really not overly concerned, however. I had a big head. Mark had a big head. And she's a pretty big girl all around. I'm pretty sure she's just a genius and needs a little extra room for that big beautiful brain!

Feel free to enjoy many pictures of Lainey's large head in her nine-month album: Elaine's Ninth Month.


She needs a big head to balance out those cheeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment