Friday, March 2, 2012

Rub-a-dub-dub!

I think Elaine took her last bath in the baby tub last night. Our rapidly growing girl doesn't have much space anymore and I can't manuever around to get all her its and bits...girlfriend has more rolls than a bakery, so I need some wiggle room to get in all those glorious folds (my favorites are the creases on her thighs that seem to go as deep as her femur)! This picture is from a month ago and she's put on more poundage since then (note the cotton balls to try to keep ear infections at bay--no need for those anymore!) .

Of course, this situation is problematic, because we have  a deep jacuzzi-style tub that isn't exactly ideal for bathing baby. I hate this tub. When we bought the condo I was so excited and imagined lots of relaxing, candle lit bubble baths...until discovered that this type of bath doesn't drain well and is a giant pain to clean. We did just list the condo for sale again...maybe that right buyer is just waiting to pounce and this will be a short-lived problem!

In any case, good tub or bad, I'm a little misty-eyed that she's getting so big and has outgrown yet another item from her infancy. Everytime I have to pack away another round of clothes I tear up!

Rubber Ducky's getting a bigger pond to swim in!


No comments:

Post a Comment