Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wedding Weekend

My trip to Florida was quick, but so much fun! The weather was perfect (although it was even better in Chicago, I hear), the wedding was beautiful, and the reception was a blast! I realize that as our wedding invites start to dwindle, what I'll miss most about summer weddings is the dancing. I love a good dance party and I made the most of this one!

Of course, amidst all my fun, I really missed my best girl. I was only gone a little over 48 hours and we Skyped three times. Mark also dutifully sent several pictures my way throughout the weekend. But, I still found myself running like a crazy woman from the blue line stop to the condo on Sunday. My suitcase was practically airborne behind me. Lainey did not disappoint with her greeting. As soon as she saw me walk through the door, her face burst into a smile and she made a beeline on her little hands and knees right into my arms. About 10 minutes later, I tried to walk away to get a glass of water. I took one step and a chubby little hand shot out and grabbed my jean leg to pull me back. Mark was kind enough to bring the water to me, so I could stay glued right next to the peanut. It was the best homecoming ever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment