Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A Belly Button for Baby!

Nick has a belly button! His cord fell off Sunday afternoon during a diaper change in the front seat of the car. We were at the park getting Lainey some much needed fresh air and exercise, but the wind kicked up, so Nick and I headed back to the car for cover. Just to show how much more confident and relaxed I am this time around, I not only changed his very messy diaper and dealt with the cord (which bled slightly), but I also nursed him for fifteen minutes while we waited for Mark and Lainey to finish playing. No way would I have pulled that off 8 days into Lainey's life.

Nick continues to be a pretty good baby, but seems to be having some tummy problems. He gets very irritable after most of his feedings and is having some spit up issues. We'll chat with the doctor at his two-week appointment on Friday, but I'm not too concerned. He seems to being putting on weight just fine (his cheeks are really starting to plump up), and he's still nursing well. I just hate seeing him hurting. But, Lainey had really bad gas issues, too, and grew out of it pretty quickly. The biggest issue is it takes a while to get him to relax back to sleep in the middle of the night and then he grunts a lot while sleeping--which he seems to snooze right through--me? Not so much.

Lainey continues to get more affectionate towards her little brother--which is good and bad--sometimes her love is a bit too agressive. The tantrums have quieted as well, so now we just need to figure out how to get her to sleep thorugh the night and life will be good.

Tomorrow is my first day having both of my little loves home with me all day with no back-up. Cross your fingers for me!!!

Snoozing...

Fun at the park!


1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy everything is going well! Nick is such a cutey - we can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete