Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Celebrating Lainey's 4th (Round 2)

Lainey celebrated the big 4 in Ohio surrounded by the Anderson clan--some of whom hadn't seen her since she was 4 months old and had never laid eyes on Nick. Dad and Sharon put on a great feast, and I was appreciative of all the extra hands, because I was suffering from a horrendous cold. I barely lifted a finger all day other than to cut the cake (the one job I probably SHOULD have handed off, given my sniffles--hope no one else caught my cold.)

We bought Lainey a scooter for her big gift, and she was really excited about it--until we busted out my old Big Wheel for Nick to use. Shiny, new (expensive) scooter forgotten; dirty, old (free) Big Wheel adopted. When will we learn?

Lainey decided she wanted to play the shy card when everyone arrived and refused to face her revelers when we sang "Happy Birthday," but after she had that sugar in her tummy (and an extra serving of ice cream from Grandpa), she warmed up and joined the party, holding her cousin Claire captive with her new paper doll sticker book from Auntie Amanda. After everyone left, Grandpa and Sharon and Uncle Chris and Uncle Sean got their turns to spoil the birthday girl with gifts--the favorites being the rainbow maker from Grandpa and the Twister game from Chris and Sean.

So, now we just have to remember to set expectations next year that her birthday is not a week-long celebration. (Who am I fooling? It will probably last two weeks next year.)

Happy Birthday, my little Laineybug! Can't wait to see what this next year brings for you! Excitement, adventure, new friends...an ability to control your temper and obediently follow directions. What? I think a mom should get a birthday wish, too!

Love you,  you little firecracker!

When the scooter was still exciting

Me and my gal

Not gonna' look...

...not gonna' lose that wish!








No comments:

Post a Comment