Tuesday, June 23, 2015

36 Years Trumped by 4

Saturday was my 36th birthday. And I celebrated by throwing a big party...for Lainey. Eh, it's what moms do. 

We threw a backyard BBQ (minus the BBQ, as I opted for a slow-cooker shredded beef that I could make in advance). The threat of rain loomed all day, causing Mark and I to stalk weather.com and the radar. The weather held out long enough to get everyone fed, but the cake festivities were pushed inside. To tell you the truth, I think the kids had the most fun once the party headed indoors. At one point nearly all the kids were loaded into Lainey's bedroom and when I peeked in she was absolutely beaming with joy and excitement. It made the work of the day all worth it.

So, my 36th came and went without much fanfare for me, but I didn't mind. The only thing I really wanted was a turn in the bouncy house with my girl. Wish granted!




No comments:

Post a Comment