Tuesday, April 15, 2014

What's New with Lainey?

It's been a while since I did a Lainey update, so here is what's new with our girl.

  1. She's still a pistol, but the rewards chart helped a lot with her tantrums and behavior issues. She loves getting her manicures, although they are proving to be exercises in patience for both of us, so I prefer when she picks a different reward. As far as her behavior at daycare, she's been great (or so I'm told). No more daily write-ups about having to practice "gentle touches" with her. 
  2. After many issues with the delivery, we finally got a big girl bed and it has helped with her sleeping habits. But, since we got a full size, when she does wake and insists on having me sleep in the room, I now have a nice comfy bed to crawl into versus sleeping on the hardwood floor. And I have to admit, I don't exactly hate cuddling with her. The practical side of me knows I should be working harder to break her of our co-slumber, but the sentimental side of me knows this is a short-lived period in our lives and I'll miss it one day.
  3. She knows her left from her right and can completely dress herself, although shirts are still a struggle. Again, I get to practice my patience, because she insists on doing it herself.
  4. She is completely potty trained! She's been dry through the night since Nick's birthday and the best part is, we did absolutely nothing to get her there. She just did it. Nice!
So, those are the big things. We head to her first swim lesson this Saturday, so stay tuned for a post on how that goes down. This round of sessions will be with Mark or me by her side. Not sure if that will help or hurt the situation.

Enjoy a video that Lainey's daycare teachers put together. If you just want to skip to the biggest Lainey highlight, go to the 2:13 marker, where you'll witness her dope dance skills. Crack me up!!! Go get it, Lainey!





No comments:

Post a Comment