Saturday, April 19, 2014

A Vacation for Me

This past week I enjoyed one of the great perks of being a working mom...two paid days off from work with an open daycare and two healthy kids that I could send there. AKA...two days for ME, ME, ME!!!

I wasn't completely selfish with the time. I did use it to tackle some projects around the house. I finally cleaned out and organized the office, which had been dubbed the "room where things go to die."  I also finished unpacking the last four boxes from the move (clearly things we really need), tidied the basement, organized the pantry, cleaned out the kids' closets, and did a handful of little projects we just couldn't seem to get to on the weekends. I took a huge haul to Salvation Army, and what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a KFC in the same strip mall. I am a closet KFC fan (love me some original recipe), and since it was lunch time and I'd been busting ass all morning cleaning, I decided I had earned the treat. And, yes, it was finger lickin' good! Not to mention, I got to enjoy it in peace without the kids screaming (or Mark judging), while taking in the latest episode of The Mindy Project.

In between all the house projects, I still managed to take a nap, do a little reading, and catch up on some email. The best hour of all, however, was watching Mad Men. I poured a cup of coffee, left my phone in the kitchen, and settled in on the couch to enjoy an hour with no distractions. No multitasking by folding laundry. No browsing instagram or checking email my phone. Just me, my coffee, and Don Draper. Bliss.

I am already planning my next me-cation....

No comments:

Post a Comment