Monday, May 28, 2012

11 Months!

Elaine turned 11 months yesterday! The countdown is on for the big One Year! I feel like I should be more on top of this whole mom thing by now, but every month that passes seems to change the game. I think I'll just need to accept that  I'll never really know what the heck I'm doing and just be happy that I've kept her alive and free of any major injuries. She's happy with things, so I should be, too!

Some highlights from the past month:
  • She finally got some teeth--two on the bottom!
  • Her table food options are expanding--avocoado chunks remains her favorite staple, but she also really likes cauliflower and was scarfing up tofu last night. She LOVES cheese! We can only put a few pieces on her tray at a time or else she'll shove it all in her mouth at once.
  • She's started walking while we hold onto her hands and has ventured to take a few steps on her own, but that still results in her tumbling to the ground.
  • She can wave good-bye and say "ba"--which we think is "bye."
  • She knows how to throw a great temper tantrum and has become a bit of a bully at daycare, taking toys from the other kids and shoving/hitting when she doesn't get her way. The teachers assure us it happens to all kids at this age and say she's not the worst, but still not the report you want to get at the end of the day.
  • And to end on a good note, her smile and giggles continue to get better with every passing day!
Here's the link to the latest group of digital documentation on Lainey. Quite a few videos in this bunch: Elaine's 11th Month

I love this girl!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment