Monday, June 19, 2017

Boating, Burgers, and Birthdays!

I shamelessly stole the title to this post from my sister-in-law, Kamra's, facebook post! But, it's a good one and I'm a sucker for alliteration. (I also though I had published this post last week, but just found it in my drafts.)

We celebrated Lainey and Ben's 6th and 13th birthdays in Moline two weekends ago. As much as I can't believe Lainey is going to be six in a few weeks, my mind is blown that Ben is going to be 13. We were blessed with a sunny, hot day to head out on the Mississippi on Tim and Rebecca's boat. In addition to sunny and hot, it was also WINDY, making for an interesting trip back to the boat slip. Folks in the back got soaked from the wake, including out tiniest two, Nick and Eleanor, but they though it was hilarious, which helped everyone else think it was hilarious.

Back on dry land, we had a cookout, cake, and presents, and Grandpa Brandi gave us a little fireworks fun. It's always great to have the whole group together, even when we only have a day-and-a-half together. Already looking forward to the next visit!

Jacob and Mark...looking a WHOLE lot alike

Enjoying the river's waves

These two...best friends til the end!
The stars of the weekend!

Fireworks!

No comments:

Post a Comment