Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Check Out Our Wheels

My (belated) Mother's Day gift was a new bike. Not that I was personally dying for one--it had been 18 years since I'd been on a non-stationary bike--but, both kids love taking bike rides and since there is only one of Mark, I had to step up to the plate. Turns out--it's just like riding a bike!

I wanted a few weekends to practice my riding skills before strapping my son to the handlebars, so it wasn't until this past weekend that we FINALLY took our inaugural family bike ride. It's great that we have such a bike/family friendly neighborhood to ride around in together. There's little traffic and the cars that do come your way, go slowly and give a wide berth when passing. Since we did so well this first time out, I think the next trip we'll hit the nature preserve to feed the ducks. Look at me--being all kinds of active!

Wipe that worried look off our face, Little Buddy! Mom's got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment