Saturday, May 10, 2014

Sippy Cups are Not for Chardonnay

Or Sauvignon Blanc. 

We had a dinner picnic in the backyard tonight. I thought the little Tupperware tumblers Lainey uses would make the perfect vessel for my dinner wine...sturdy for the terrain, non-breakable, right portion size. I repeatedly let Lainey know I had a grown-up only drink in it. But, turns out it needed to repeatedly tell this to Mark...or rather make sure he was listening one of the times I repeatedly told him. 

We were cleaning up and I watched from the kitchen window as Lainey stood in front of Mark holding my cup. I could tell from the "I'm getting away with something" grin on her face and the total lack of concern on his face that he had no idea what was in the cup. By the time I hit the back strairs, however, Lainey was spitting wine and coughing. Mark looks at me and asks, "what was in there?"

And that is how Lainey came to have her first taste of alcohol. I'm just glad she didn't like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment