Saturday, May 31, 2014

Big Week for Our Little Buddy

After about two months of almost walking, Nick finally put it all together and got moving on two feet!!! He just couldn't seem to make it past three steps before taking to all fours. Thursday night, he took five steps in order to get to Lainey and take her down WWF style (more to come on that). Evidently, once he had a taste of being bipedal, he couldn't get enough. He's not the most stable, but I officially declare Nick a walker!

In addition to his new mobility, he's eating with a spoon pretty well now, making his meal times more hands free for me! We haven't really worked with him at all on using utensils, so I was kind of surprised Monday night when I set a bowl of applesauce and spoon on his tray and he just picked up the spoon and went at it. This is exciting to me because when we do manage to have family meal time, I may actually get to join in the eating part.

I don't really know where to file this next one...an accomplishment...a milestone...trouble? Lainey and Nick are now wrestling buddies. They tackle, squeeze, push, roll around, and THEY ARE LOVING IT!!! Me? It's fun to watch them play and giggle until they can't breath, but I find myself holding my own breathe waiting for one of them to get hurt. I'm trying to find the balance between stopping a major injury without overmanaging their playtime. I mean a little rugburn isn't going to send them to the ER. And it's hard to keep telling Lainey "you're being too rough" when Nick has a giant smile plastered on his face and keeps coming back for more. Yeah, it's hard...and fun...and hard (and really, really fun).

Guess my little buddy really isn't a baby anymore. He's a full-fledged toddler! Go get 'em Nick!


Maybe not the neatest eater, but pretty darn good!

At least the tumbling is on a cushioned area

No comments:

Post a Comment