Monday, May 26, 2014

Highs and Lows

All of last week I kept thinking, I could write a post about this. And all week I decided to do something else instead (usually veg out in front of the TV for 30 minutes). So, I’ve decided to play a little high-low and hit all the things I considered devoting a full post to.

High: I got a new job! I have a general policy not to talk shop on social media, so I'll stick to the basic facts:
  • New company is Orbitz.
  • New role is supporting the CFO and President of Orbitz for Business.
  • First day is June 23.

Low: We finally made the tough decision to quite battling to save our linden tree and had it removed last Wednesday. We got three opinions and while two thought we could keep it for awhile (awhile being anywhere from a few months to a few years), all agreed it would have to come down. Given its proximity to the power lines, we decided to take it out on our terms instead of dealing with its removal after a storm took it out (along with power to our house and our neighbors).

High: Lainey is slowly learning all the words to "Let It Go" from Frozen. She sings it softly and seriously and makes up every 10th word. Melt. My. Heart. Expect a video once she learns all the words.

Low: Mark found out Friday that he had to fly to San Francisco this afternoon. It kind of put a dark cloud over the weekend. He was particularly grouchy about it, because of Memorial Day. And while I never look forward to his traveling, Lainey’s been really defiant in the mornings lately, so I’m REALLY dreading doing the morning routine solo tomorrow. At least I don’t have to worry about being late to work. What are they gonna’ do? Fire me?

High: We have new neighbors behind us. Bye-bye chickens! We met the husband and wife on Saturday. They have two little girls, one almost five, the other almost three, so Lainey may have a new playmate. They're doing work on the house and don't move in for another three weeks, but we're feeling optimistic that this family will be a major upgrade.

I’ll end on a high and hope for many more this week!



No comments:

Post a Comment