Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Witching Hour(s)

The only thing marring Nick's perfect behavior is his nightly screamfest between 6:00 and 8:00 PM. I know it's normal and lots of babies go through it (Lainey's twilight angst was much worse actually), but I'm ready to be done with it. Especially, since we now have the windows open every night, so the whole 'hood can hear what's going down in our place (and Lainey often does her best to drown out Nick's wails with screams of her own).  

There is light at the end of the tunnel, however. Recently, I've been able to comfort Nick by strapping him to my chest in the Baby K'tan (LOVE this carrier by the way...far easier to use than the Moby Wrap). After a few minutes he'll go from all out wails to softer whimpers and finally silence before dosing off.  It's not a perfect situation, because it's tough to get Lainey fed, bathed and in PJs with Nick front and center, but it's a whole lot less stressful than listening to him scream. 

Fortunately, tonight is a Saturday, so Mark is home for the nighttime routine. He's taking care of Laineybug, and I get to just sit, relax, and rock my Nick to sleep. Aaaaah...so sweet. I won't miss the crying, but I know I'll miss the cuddling down the road. 



No comments:

Post a Comment