Thursday, May 16, 2013

Smiling and Babbling

Nick will be eight weeks tomorrow. The time seems to be going so much faster than it did with Elaine. I can't believe I'll be back at work in four weeks; I feel like we just brought him home.

Last week, Nick started smiling and cooing. Each little grin or soft "oooo" I get out of him just lights me up. Those sweet sounds are so much nicer than the grunts of indigestion in the early weeks. I finally caught one of smiles on camera yesterday that I can share with you all. He is still putting on the pounds. Unofficial weigh-in last Friday was 13 pounds! His little thighs are starting to chunk up and he's getting the famous baby "rubberband wrists."

He's also really reminding me of his sister at this age. It's interesting though, because while I've thought Nick looks like Mark from day one, I never really thought Lainey took after him. Maybe it's just because she's a girl? Anyway, looking at the pictures below, there is no denying these two are siblings.

Sister and Brother

Smiles

And some more pictures...just for fun!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment