Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day to Me!

My second Mother's Day and I have TWO beautiful children to celebrate it with this year! (We will NOT be making it three kids for my third Mother's Day.) The fun started on Friday when Mark had some lovely tulips delivered early, so I could enjoy them all weekend. Sunday, we kept it low key with brunch out (Nick's first restaurant outing) and a quick stop to pick up biscuits and pie from Bang! Bang! (just one of the little gems I'll miss when we move). The rest of the day was just playing with the kids and napping--my gift from them, they both slept at the same time. That would have been enough for me, but I still have a gift that has been delayed in the shipping process coming later in the week.

Of course, I had a few sad moments in the day remembering Mom and missing not having her here. Her birthday was Friday, so I was already feeling a little blue thinking about her. I suppose it will always be difficult having that piece missing. And as joyful as it is being a mother myself and having our newest addition, Nick, it's painful not being able to share these moments with her. She was so thrilled to be a grandma when Elaine was born, and I know she would have been beside herself with Nick's arrival. She would have been a fantastic grandmother and I hate that Lainey and Nick will miss out on having her in their lives. But, they'll still know her...I'll make sure of that.


Such Pretty Tulips

Who needs gifts when you have these gems?

My Sweet Boy

All Cuddled Up with Mom

Mom and Me

No comments:

Post a Comment