Saturday, March 16, 2013

Three Peas in a Pod...

But, time to make room for a fourth. This time next week, we'll be back on this sofa together. But, instead of a big bump in my belly, I'll have a little bundle in my arms.

As of today, I'm scheduled to be induced at 3:30 PM on Thursday. My last day of work is Tuesday. I'm using Wednesday to do some last-minute errands and chores, but at the top of my list that day is a nice, long, uninterrupted nap (which means my water will break just as I lie down).

Dad and Sharon will make the drive up on Wednesday and will stay with Elaine while we're at the hospital. Good luck, guys! Dad insists they won't take her to daycare Friday, but I've told him to wait and see how Thursday night goes. After another cycle of colds and ear infections (we're on our third of each since the beginning of February), Lainey is back to being up for few hours every night. Now, if I can just teach her how to change a diaper and rock the baby to sleep, she could be very helpful after 3am feedings.

Whatever Dad decides to do Friday, we're definitely keeping Laineybug home Thursday to shower attention on her on her last day of being an only child. Sometimes I get a little emotional when I think about what a big change this will be for her. She's used to all of our attention and now she'll be sharing the spotlight. I'm anxious to see her reaction when she meets the baby for the first time and when we bring the baby home and she realizes this kid is staying. (I mean you saw what she did to poor Abby at the CLP Valentine's party and all she did was hug Mark's leg!)

Regardless of how everything goes down, it's going to be an exciting week! Stay tuned for the Next Chapter...


Just us three...soon to be four!

No comments:

Post a Comment