Sunday, January 22, 2012

Wonderful Weekend!

What a great weekend! Lainey's feeling all better, her antibiotics are done, her diaper rash gone and, dare I say it, she's been sleeping through the night again!

Mark and I took advantage of our daycare's Parent' Night Out and hit Blackbird for dinner on Friday. You can still call it dinner if you make a 5:30pm reservation, right?  When we walked up to the restaurant, only one lone woman was seated in the completely empty restaurant. Mark and I started cracking up, and Mark said "This is embarassing." But, by 6pm the restaurant was half full, so we weren't total losers. The food was still fabulous...baby octupus appetizer and sturgeon entree for me and mussel bisque and roasted lobster for Mark. We had coffee and dessert and were still out of there and off to get our girl by 7pm. Just as well we were early birds, because the snow was pretty thick and we wanted to pick Lainey up well before the 9:30pm cut off.

Mark had a less lovely Saturday, running around and doing errands, including taking the car in for an airbag recall. But, I had a full day with Laineybug, including an awesome afternoon nap together (we would repeat this on Sunday). I love me some cuddle time with my girl!

Sunday we ventured out to a restaurant with Lainey for the first time in a very long time! We grabbed brunch at Revolution Brewing. They've expanded their brunch menu with lots of tasty sounding dishes. I think I have a new favorite over their biscuits and gravy...the Red Flannel Hash. Super yummy!This was Lainey's first whirl at sitting in a restaurant high chair. She did pretty well, but got antsy the last 15 minutes we were there. Just as we were getting the check, we could see a meltdown coming, so I quickly suited her up for the cold and headed to the car, while Mark paid. (I refuse to be that parent who lets her child scream in the middle of a restaurant.) As soon, as I got her outside, she was completely chill. I think she was just bored and need a change of pace.

Now it's Sunday night, Lainey's in bed and it's time to prep for work tomorrow. Boooo! While I'm so happy we had an amazing family weekend, it makes going back to the office that much harder. Thank goodness Mark drops Lainey off at the daycare in the mornings. I have a feeling if I were in charge, we might play hooky everyday.

No more car seat! Lainey's ready to eat at the table!

Cozy

No comments:

Post a Comment