Monday, May 15, 2017

One Lucky Mama




I was greeted into my Mother’s Day by a very excited Nick who belted out the best “Happy Mother’s Day” ever heard, followed by his infectious giggles and a full-body hug (‘cause that’s the only way my boy knows how to do it!) Lainey managed to glance up from the iPad briefly, but didn’t really join the program until she realized Nick was getting all the attention. I opened Nick’s gift he made at school and we immediately went to find a spot to hang it. Luckily, there was a nail in the wall of the office just waiting for something to adorn it. Lainey read the poem from her art project and then the “fill in the blank” worksheets she did about me. So great! Mark gifted me two sets of silver earrings…tiny “Es” for Elaine and tiny “Ns” for Nick. I’ve lost several pairs of earrings recently, so as usual, he got me the perfect gift.

My favorite..."My mom is as smart as a me"...or maybe the beauty mark she drew on my cheek..
 

We did a quick breakfast and then headed out for Six Flags! I wanted to take the kids this summer and had a promo from work for discounted tickets. I though perhaps Mother’s Day might be less crowded and it was! Short wait times all around and we got there right as the gates opened, so I was able to sneak on a few big kids coasters without taking too much time away from the family. The day was beyond gorgeous and we had the added bonus of meeting up with our favorite family, the O’Grady’s! It was a really fun day with no meltdowns although there was a small pout session from Lainey when the families went our separate ways for the last ride of the day, and she refused to say goodbye to Molly, Maggie, and Jason. Once I got her one-on-one, it turned out she was just confused about the situation. Once she understood, she pepped back up, and we hurried to catch up with Mark and Nick for the Roaring Rapids ride. So, sorry to the O’Grady’s, but yay for us finishing on a high note! Both kids loved the ride, even if we were a bit chilly in the wet aftermath.

Family Fun Day!
 
Yay for friends!
CRASHED!!!

Back at home, it was the usual Sunday whirlwind of preparing for the week…most notably preparing for the construction to FINALLY begin on our new kitchen!

Being a mom isn’t the easiest, and I’m certainly not the best, but they kids seem to love me anyway and I’ll take some tantrums and backtalk in order to get all that sweet love and adoration.

Hoping all the mamas out there had very special days!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment