Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Muncie Mania

Reunited and it feels so good...

 
If it’s hard to meet a new friend in your late 30s, it’s a miracle to meet a soul mate. But, a little over two years ago, I got my miracle with Kourtney. We met through work and a casual lunch one day sparked a friendship that I hope will stand the test of time and location.
 
Kourtney took a chance on love and a new job in January and moved from Chicago to Muncie, Indiana, and we went from seeing each other almost every day to not seeing each other at all (thank heavens for unlimited text plans or we would be in serious debt). But, texts, social media updates, and phone calls only do so much, so I made the trek to Muncie this past weekend to see her face and her new world. It was a lazy weekend filled with good drink, good food, and lots of laughing. It was so nice to know that our friendship could pick-up right where it left off. You know you have a comfortable friendship when you’re both willing to admit that what you really want on a rainy Saturday afternoon is a nap. And nap we did! And it was glorious! Seriously, probably the most decadent thing she could have given me! That Kourtney…she just GETS me!

While I have many regrets from my last job (oh so many regrets), I’ll never wish I hadn’t taken the position, because I gained a wonderful person, confident, supporter, friend, and soul sister. K&K forever!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment