Sunday, August 9, 2015

Let's Go Fly a Kite

I'm not sure how it's the second week of August already. Summer has been an absolute blur this year. Luckily, it's felt so fast, because we've been having so much fun! The last two weekends have been particularly nice, because instead of having major events, we've had time to just enjoy some family time and do the little things that make summer special...bike rides to the forest preserve, trips to the park, ice creams before dinner, and just hanging out in the backyard.

The big hit last weekend was finally having the perfect day to break out the kite we bought back in April. Lainey owned that thing like a boss. Mark barely had to give her any instruction, she just took the string and went with it. She was much better at keeping it in the air than I was, so rather than be schooled by my four-year-old, I chose to roll around in the grass with Nick. Everyone won!

In other Lainey news, she finally conquered the monkey bars and I caught her new skill on video this past Friday evening. I have to say the kid is pretty coordinated and she seems to dig group games, so we decided to sign her up for soccer. I'm excited to see how she likes it!

Next weekend things start to heat up again on the 'ole Brandi schedule and will stay pretty busy through Labor Day, but I'm determined to drink up every last day of summer we can get.



A quick tutorial from Dad

Testing it out...
She's got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment