Friday, June 27, 2014

The New Kid

I’ve completed my first week at the new gig. The people are very nice, and I think my new bosses should be pretty manageable. Judging from these first few days, I’m going to be able to bring a lot to the table once I get settled in. If only I didn’t have to deal with that whole “getting settled in” thing…I hate being the new kid.

It’s tough to go from a position where you know everything and everyone to knowing nothing and no one. The extra rub with being an admin is 90% of your role is to know everyone in and everything about the office, because your bosses don’t and are relying on YOU to help THEM navigate through it all. Right now, I don’t even know where to go get office supplies. 

Alas, these are things that will only come with time, so I’m a good two to three months from hitting my stride. That feels like years away right now. But, I’ve done this before and I can do it again. What seems overwhelming now is going to be a blip on the radar before I know it.


Just keep swimming, just keep swimming…

No comments:

Post a Comment