Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!


Elaine celebrated her first Thanksgiving today! And you may be thinking, "what an interesting color Mark and Kylie chose for their new couch." It's actually a blanket to protect our current couch from Elaine's projectile vomit that she has been experiencing this week. Poor pumpkin is on her second round of antibiotics to try and clear up this ear infection and either the meds are getting to her digestive system or she got a stomach bug on top of the ear infection (and her cold and teething). Needless to say, she wasn't feeling very festive today. But, she seemed to perk up after an early evening nap, so I'm crossing my figures for a puke-free night.

I was in charge of cooking the big meal today. My dad and Mark's parents kindly entertained little Lainey (we really had to twist their arms), while I worked in the kitchen. We almost had a mishap with the turkey due to a broken meat thermometer that never registered past 140-degrees. Luckily I had a spare instant-read thermometer and was able to pulled the bird out before it was dried to jerky. In the end, I'm happy to say all was successful and the entire family is stuffed to the gills!

Hope everyone had a lovely holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment