Saturday, November 17, 2018

Pierced

Big step for our little Lainey today...two new holes and some bling to fill them! She was pretty nervous as we approached Claire’s, but she kept a stiff upper lip that broke into a huge smile at her first glimpse of her new look. Magic!

I wish I could say that the road to this moment was magic too, but it reality it’s been a rocky one. We were actually set to do this a few months ago, but the morning we were to go, Elaine’s behavior was so abhorrent that I shut the whole thing down and vowed not to take her until she shaped up. And again, I wish I could say that she indeed improved her attitude, but it’s not been a fun time at our house. Without going into all the details and examples, I’ll just say Mark and I are at the end of our rope (especially me). 

Thursday was a particularly bad morning that put me on the brink of tears all day. So, in my pain, I came to the only possible decision...it was time to take her to get her ears pierced. I knew we both desperately needed a special experience to share—one that wasn’t tied to any quid pro quo. Just Lainey and me taking on an adventure. And it really, really was a special morning that lead to a good heart-to-heart talk, and I know we both feel better. 

Oh, Laineybug, you fierce, sharp, independent girl. I love you more than words, and I know you love me. And we’re gonna’ be okay. 

You look good girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment