Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Drumstick Dash

Lainey participated in her first race this past Sunday at the Lincolnwood Drumstick Dash! It was an adorable event for kids 6 and under. It would have been a lot more adorable if the kids weren’t shivering with snot pouring from their faces in the 25-degree temperature. The warm weather couldn’t hang on for just two more days, could it? For the 5- and 6-year-olds, the dash was 100 yards, and even though the announcer repeated about a dozen times, no pushing and no falling, 20 or so kids trip over each other and landed in a major pile-up about 10 yards in. But, not our Lainey! She zoomed around the carnage and caught up to the pack leaders with a strong finish of—well, who knows, it wasn’t a competitive race. She wasn’t first and she wasn’t last, so we’ll leave it at that.

The really great news behind this story is the whole reason we even participated is the kindergarten girls finally have a Girl Scout troop! While the official meetings don’t start until January, this was a little kick-off event to get the girls together. And even better news...within about two minutes of meeting up with the group, I somehow volunteered to be the Cookie Sales Manager. This role is no joke, my friends. There are training meetings and materials galore, and I get to go to a Cookie Kick-off Rally at Allstate Arena! Mark is not enthused. Perhaps I should have at least asked what the role entailed, but, let’s face it, I would have said “yes” anyway. It’s something I can offer that won’t conflict with my work schedule. So, get your wallets ready, because I mean business and my girls are coming for you in January!


Check out our little Dasher below! 

There's our dasher in the back!

A successful finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment