Thursday, October 13, 2016

Wrong Again

Per Lainey, it seems I'm one of two things: wrong or a liar. Always. I keep saying to Mark that she's going to be insufferable that first time she comes home from college. I mean six weeks of kindergarten already has her thinking she knows more than we do. Give that kid a semester of higher learning and stand back. I'm already rolling my eyes at the superior smugness to come.

Surely, I exaggerate, you say. Well, yesterday evening, I was showering Lainey with hugs and kisses. And then this exchange happened...


L: (giggling) Why are you giving me so many hugs and kisses?

M: I love you soooo much! I have to give you hugs and kisses always! I just can't help myself!

Giggling stops and she gets that look on her face.

L: What about this morning when I was throwing a fit?

M: (silence) (I had refused to hug her until she got her shoes on, because she uses it as a stalling tool--all. the. time.)                             

L: (with hand on hip and eyebrow raised.) So, I guess you're wrong again. You can help yourself.


And off she skipped with a smug smile on her lips...

Well done, Elaine. Well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment