Saturday, November 21, 2015

Today was a Good Day

Today was a good day. Nothing extraordinary happened. There were no celebrations. I  didn't achieve anything  special. The chores were left untouched. The "to do" list still needs to be done. But...

I had precious one-on-one time with Nick in the first snowfall of the season.

I had brunch with a group of women, whom I admire and respect. I don't see them often, but every time I do, I leave feeling better.

I built a snowman with my three favorite people in the world and warmed up with hot chocolate afterward.

I had alone time with Mark while the kids napped and instead of running over things we need to fix or buy or do, we just hung out and laughed and connected.

I napped.

I had my favorite pizza for dinner with my favorite beer.

Mark and I introduced the kids to The Lion King for movie  night.

We let the kids have ice cream AND popcorn.

I stayed in bed with Lainey until she fell asleep; there is nothing more comforting to me than one of my children cuddled next to me, sleeping soundly.

And now I'm back on the couch with a few moments to myself while Mark finishes putting Nick to bed.

Today was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment