Monday, December 23, 2013

Nick is 9 Months!


Another month has flown by in little Nick's life. This last one has been rough on him, so here's hoping for a brighter path to month 10.

We did his 9-month check-up on December 9, but I've been holding his stats for the official monthly update. He's 21 lbs. 6 oz. (75% - although I suspect this has gone done a bit over the last week, what with the whole eating strike and all). He's still topping the charts in length  (29.5" / 95%) and head circumference (18 3/8" / <95%).

Nick is crawling everywhere now and is starting to pull himself up, but hasn't gotten all the way to his feet yet. He's taking on finger foods like a champ and pretty much attacked Mark's pizza last night. So, we may get that weight back before we know it. The teeth that we've been swearing are coming in for the last two months are still nowhere to be seen, but he continues to gnaw on anything in arm's reach and to soak his shirt in drool.

In less fun news, I think his "dream baby" days are over. I don't know if it was the extra attention at Thanksgiving, all the illnesses, or just his age, but he has become pretty demanding. Where he once was happy to play alone where ever I decided to plop him, separation anxiety has reared its ugly head and he mostly wants to be right by my side. Nap time was always a breeze, but now takes some extra rocking, swaying, and back rubbing. He also has a new and inexplicable hatred for putting on his jammies at night. He wails and screams and fights during this once perfectly calm and lovely nighttime ritual. The worst of it all, however, is he's back to waking at 4:00 - 4:30 AM every day. Last Friday, not only did he rise at 4:30 AM, he screamed every time I sat down. If I was walking, he would collapse against my shoulder and sleep, but the minute I tried to take a load off, he would erupt. As soon as I took that first step to continue pacing, he was right back asleep. I finally got Mark up at 5:30 AM to switch.

But, in spite of his new found fussiness, he's still a joy and watching his new feats and daily discoveries is awesome. We love our little buddy!





No comments:

Post a Comment