Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Pitchfork Music Festival 2011

Mark and I made our first outing together sans Elaine over the weekend to attend the Pitchfork Music Festival. We only went from 5-10pm on Saturday this year, but it was so awesome to get out of the house together and let Grandma and Grandpa Brandi take care of Elaine. I was practically bouncing down the sidewalk as we made our way from the condo to the car. I love my girl more than anything on this earth, but mama needed some time away! Mark and I had a blast and Lainey was a little angel for her grandparents (or so I'm told).

Since we got a late start, we only saw four acts: Radio Dept, Dismemberment Plan, DJ Shadow and the headliners, Fleet Foxes. I want to listen to the Radio Dept album--I think I'll really like them, but they have a softer sound, so they were getting drowned out by the other stage. Fleet Foxes were great! I was worried the sound wouldn't be good, but they sounded awesome.

Big, big thanks to Lonnie and Frank for making the trip to Chicago, so we could get out!!!

Enjoying a beer and some grown-up time away from home!

No comments:

Post a Comment