Sunday, September 6, 2015

World Cup 2031

Lainey had her first day of soccer this past Tuesday. I missed out on most of the the fun, because I was at an orientation for her Pre-K class.  I only caught the last few minutes, which mostly consisted of the kids getting their team shirts, but Mark filled me in on the details of the rest of the hour.

It was a pretty low-key start--just a chance to meet the coach and the other kids and run a few drills. Of course, at this age it's all pretty low-key. The group is made up of 12 kids (9 girls; 3 boys) and they all learn/practice together during the first half of the hour and then try to play a game the second half.

As you can see in the photos below, we had Lainey a little  over-prepared in her cleats, shin guards, and soccer socks, but the coach is asking everyone get the shin guards (I had taken the iniative to reach out on this before day one.) As you can also see in the photos below, Nick did not want to be left out of the fun!

Per Mark, Lainey continues to show her competitive spirit. The coach had the kids jogging in a circle and Lainey kept lapping the group. When she overheard Mark telling me about it she said, "I didn't want anyone to be in front of me. I wanted to be the leader." Well, okay then.

But, while she may be in it to win it, my girl still knows what's important at heart. When the lesson ended, she came running over to me and the first thing she said was, "Mommy! I made all these new friends!"

I'm looking forward to watching Lainey and her new friends this week!

A Little Warm-up
Time for Drills
Look at that form!


No comments:

Post a Comment