Wednesday, October 10, 2012

DCFS is coming for us...

Turns out we had to get a doctor's note for Elaine's daycare to allow them to serve her 2% milk instead of whole. I was SUPER annoyed and thought it was the daycare being ridiculous (they do have some rather silly policies), but turns out DCFS requires them to serve whole milk to all children under the age of 2. So, I guess if a DCFS agent came in and happend to test the fat content in Lainey's milk cup, the center needs medical back-up that it's okay.

Now, I consider myself to be pretty liberal; you're definitely not going to find any Romney/Ryan bumper stickers around our place (not that I'm thrilled with the other ticket, but that is for another discussion at another time). However, sometimes government regulations go a bit too far, and I have to say it seems a little intrusive to dictate what type of milk must be served to my child.

The doctor's office laughed about it and faxed a letter over. I guess I'll keep a copy on hand at home, just in case we get a surprise visit from DCFS ourselves (Lainey's a screamer...our street is very quiet...you can hear her a block away sometimes).

No comments:

Post a Comment