Sunday, July 19, 2015

7 Years!

We may be old, but we're still adorable!

Mark and I celebrated seven years of marriage today! Little fanfare on our actual actual anniversary, but thanks to  Lonnie and Frank, we were eable to sneak away for a night to do it up at Pitchfork on Friday and then stay downtown at a hotel. The heat was pretty brutal Friday afternoon, but some rain clouds rolled in hiding the sun and kicking up the wind (and yet not ever producing actual rain), so the weather was bearable. Wilco headlined and put on a great show as always. Icing on the cake was our buddies the O'Grady's were there, too, so we got to party with old friends like old times. And I mean like old times...I definitely indulged in a few more adult beverages than advisable, and yet somehow felt fine Saturday morning. I actually went drink-for-drink with Mark. I was pretty impressed with myseld (and so was Mark). Very happy my zealousness for living it up didn't ruin Saturday morning, because we had a reservation at Beatrix for brunch. It was super yummy and a friend of mine has connections there, so we got the best table in the place. It was a great 24-hour get-away with my best guy.

Happy Annivesary, Mark! I'm one lucky lady--thanks for being my main man and making this thing called marriage work. Here's to many, many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment