Monday, June 10, 2013

Date Night

Mark and I hit the town Saturday to see The Book of Mormon (the tickets were an early birthday gift). This is the first night out we've had since September. Since we're watching our cash flow right now (we close on the house in two weeks!!!), we opted for pre-show drinks at The Gage versus dinner out. I also didn't want to worry about making a dinner reservation if the kiddos delayed our departure from the apartment for one reason or another. Who wants to start a nice night out with a whole bunch of stress and rushing around?

As it turned out, all went well on the sitter front. Lainey and Nick were both on their best behaviors. I on the other hand was a clumsy mess that night. First, I managed to elbow a guy in the face when I stumbled on the el. Luckily it wasn't too hard and he was nice about it. Then at the theater I hit the bottom of my champagne glass while talking too wildly with my hands, spilling it on my lap and splashing the woman next to me. Again, luckily not much spilled, and she was really nice about it. So, not my most graceful outing, but whatever. 

The show was really great and it felt nice to get gussied up a bit and have some solo time with my main man. With Mark's crazy work schedule and our crazier kids, we haven't had much time to focus on each other lately. 

Of course, we paid the price for our glorious evening. After going to bed around 12:30 AM, Nick proceeded to ditch his streak of sleeping 6 or more hours and got up at 2:30 AM and 4:30 AM. Lainey decided she should get up at 4:30 AM, too. Only instead of going back to sleep like her brother, she thought it best to just be up for the day. Yaaaaay! We were exhausted, but it was still worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment